Monday, August 25, 2008

under the radar

don't pick me
not now not first
don't notice me please
let me fit in
this time this once
don't pick me last
don't single me out

keep my head down
don't volunteer
don't ask please not me
don't make me different
don't make me wear that
don't make me go there
don't make me change it

don't' single me out
tease me
embarrass me
not here, not now
in front of my friends

they are shamed for me
they leave me here
alone, bullied, teased
singled out and different

let me go unnoticed
let me fly
under the radar

24 August 2008

© Cynthia Ryder


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel like this poem now but on reading it I could relate to times during my childhood - particularly regards sports. I didn't read this as bullying but just a wanting to shrink inside sometimes as a child. Can see the bullying aspect as well though once I read the tag. As a business woman with Event Planning I used to organize those craft shows you attended. The outdoor ones at Mactaquac were tough ! Barbara J. Gill